12 Companies Reach Semi Finals for Seattle Angel Conference XAnnouncement from Seattle Angel Conference
Press Contact October 25, 2016 12:00pm EDT
Since 2012, the conference has trained over 200 first time angel investors, attracted over 650 companies and invested over 2 million dollars in 21 of them.
Seattle- Seattle Angel Conference, (SAC) an investor-led event startup competition connecting entrepreneurs and new angel investors, has announced the companies that will be moving on to the next round in this year’s competition for the Seattle Angel Conference X. Ultimately the winner will receive an investment between $100,000 - $200,000. Since 2012, the conference has trained over 200 first time angel investors, attracted over 650 companies and invested over 2 million dollars in 21 of them. The finalists will be announced the week of October 24th.
Congratulations to the 12 semifinalists. These companies represent the future of education and teaching, medical breakthroughs, travel and more. Whether it’s delivering high nutrition school lunches to letting you know when to apply more sunscreen, one of these startups could be the next big thing!
- Articentral- Helping small businesses list their handmade products on Etsy and Amazon Handmade with one click
- Boom Learning- A marketplace of educational mini-apps created by and designed for teachers
- BuildMyTribez- Customer acquisition for small business
- Green Krate- Delivering high nutrition school lunches to families that want more out of lunch
- Invio- Mission to target and eliminate inefficiencies that blockade new medical innovations
- Multriply- Enabling the tourist travel industry to reserve and organize tours and events
- Pacific Air Filtration- Technology combining the energy efficiency of true electrostatic filters with the easy to use form of a mechanical filter to enable new breakthroughs in air filtration
- Prolaera- Continuing professional education for the 21st century
- Sprawly- Enables anyone to build interactive 360 choose-your-own-adventure style content with zero technical knowledge needed
- SunFly- Let’s you know when you need to apply more sunscreen
- WeedTraQR- Marijuana traceability seed to sale from smartphone
- Worcket- The simplest, most efficient, most innovative "millennial ready" way for university students to find Internships and companies to recruit them.
Startup companies that are expanding rapidly into new markets need outside funding, and angel investors provide access to high-risk capital. SAC brings a collection of new and experienced angel investors, each putting up $5,500, creating a fund, which SAC expects will total between $100K and $200K.
Companies that apply participate in a company review, which helps provide feedback, strengthening the companies. Over several weeks, the angel investment committee will review and sort rank the applying companies. This ongoing review further helps strengthen the investment process.
In the end, six companies will get a deep review by the investment committee and will present at the final event before an audience of approximately 200 area investors and influencers.
Join Seattle Angel Conference to explore the process of angel investing and help build a stronger startup ecosystem in the Northwest.
Seattle Angel Conference X
Thursday November 17, 2016
About Seattle Angel Conference
Seattle Angel Conference is an experiential program to help new Angel Investors learn about how to be effective and successful investor.
Press ContactJeff Deneholz