Jobs at Sqoop
Sqoop helps journalists unlock stories from public records sites, helping them break news. After less than a year on the market Sqoop is regularly used by one in three business journalists in the U.S. TechCrunch named Sqoop one of its 7 favorite companies of 500 startups batch 15, the Silicon Valley Business Journal called Sqoop one of the ten hottest in the batch, and the Global Editors Network named Sqoop the most innovative data journalism site of 2016 globally. See more press.
Lead Full Stack Developer
Sqoop is seeking a startup-minded engineer to accelerate application development and help build our team. This is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an exciting startup and significantly influence technical direction.
- 5+ years experience developing production web applications with a demonstrable portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of the Ruby language and Rails framework
- Modern Web Design sensibilities (incl. Responsive Design)
- Ability to own projects from requirements through development and deployment
- Ability to mentor and lead other engineers
- MS or BS in computer science, software engineering or related field
- Search application experience a plus
This position is full time, at our Pioneer Square, Seattle office.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please introduce yourself and attach a resume via email. No recruiters please.